All information on this website is provided for information purposes only. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the NEB makes no guarantees of any kind and cannot be held liable for any outdated or incorrect information. NEB fees and procedures are subject to change without prior notice. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that they inform themselves of changes which could affect their situation.
NEB Candidate Portal
To access the NEB Candidate Portal please go to https://cvma.knack.com/neb-db#login/
Please note that all correspondence with current NEB candidates is in the "Messages" section on your candidate account now. All candidates need to make sure that their email address is up to date.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 UPDATE
UPDATED January 12th, 2022
Due to the current public health emergency around COVID-19, capacity for the PSA & CPE is still severely limited. PSA & CPE exams have resumed since August 2021 and the next sessions up to June 2022 have already been filled up. All full CPE seats for 2022 in Saskatoon have already been filled. Candidates on the waiting list for CPE retakes will be contacted with available seat options as they become available. New full CPE registrations will open up again once more exam sessions will become available. As the pandemic is still evolving and affecting large parts of the country, the federal or provincial government and/or the institutions where the exams take place might put additional restrictions in place and we cannot guarantee that those events will always take place as planned. Even if we are able to go ahead with the planned exams please be aware that depending on where you come from, if you have to fly to attend an exam, you might be required to self-isolate for up to two weeks upon arriving in Canada. To keep non-essential travel across the country at a minimum we may also decide to give priority for exams based on geographical proximity whenever deemed necessary as opposed to strictly going by the order on the waiting list.
Please be prepared to show proof of vaccination for future exams as until further notice it will be mandatory to be fully vaccinated to attend PSA & CPE sessions.
Until further notice candidates that are scheduled to take the PSA or CPE at WCVM Saskatoon will have to bring one rapid Covid-test per day and will get tested before admission to the exam at sign-in.
Please be aware that spaces for the PSA & CPE are still limited and all candidates that are on the waiting list for these exams will be contacted by the NEB when we are able to offer them a seat. New exam dates are not expected to be available before summer 2022 at the earliest.
For Prometric testing centre updates please visit https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update
This wiki contains information for NEB applicants.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register with the NEB?
- What documents do you need from me?
- Where can I find the registration forms?
- What happens once I have registered and submitted my documentation?
- How can I know if I will be able to pass the NEB exams?
- What are the fees of the NEB examination?
- When can I register for the April 2022 NAVLE testing window?
- What are the NAVLE Examination Dates and Registration Deadlines?
- When can I register for the Clinical Proficiency Exam (CPE)?
- What happens once I have registered to the PSA or CPE?
- What should I do if I need testing accommodations for an examination?
- Where can I find additional training opportunities?
- How do I get my school added to the AVMA list of veterinary colleges in the world?
- How early must I complete the BCSE in order to be able to register for the next NAVLE testing window?
Need more help?
Current NEB candidates should only use the NEB Candidate Portal messaging system to correspond with us (https://cvma.knack.com/neb-db#login/)
- For potential candidates or candidates who do not have an active account in the NEB Candidate Portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to the NEB registration process or email email@example.com for questions related to PSA/CPE.
- NOTE: please do not email and send multiple messages in the NEB Candidate Portal at the same time, as it would delay response time.
- Coordinates of Provincial Veterinary Licensing Bodies
- International Council for Veterinary Assessment (formerly National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates
- NEB Relationship with the ECFVG
- AVMA ECFVG®- Listed Veterinary Colleges of the World
- AVMA-Accredited Veterinary Colleges
- Canadian Veterinary Colleges
- TOEFL language testing
- IELTS language testing
- CAEL language testing
Recently updated articles