All information on this website is provided for information purposes only. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the NEB makes no guarantees of any kind and cannot be held liable for any outdated or incorrect information. NEB fees and procedures are subject to change without prior notice. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that they inform themselves of changes which could affect their situation.
NEB Candidate Portal
To access the NEB Candidate Portal please go to https://cvma.knack.com/neb-db#login/
Please note that all correspondence with current NEB candidates is in the "Messages" section on your candidate account now. All candidates need to make sure that their email address is up to date.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 UPDATE
Due to the current public health emergency around COVID-19, capacity for the PSA & CPE is still severely limited and new exam dates will probably only be available from August 2021 onwards. As the pandemic is still evolving and affecting large parts of the country, the federal or provincial government and/or the institutions where the exams take place might put additional restrictions in place and we cannot guarantee that those events will always take place as planned. Even if we are able to go ahead with the planned exams please be aware that depending on where you come from, if you have to fly to attend an exam, you might be required to self-isolate for up to two weeks upon arriving in Canada. To keep non-essential travel across the country at a minimum we may also decide to give priority for exams based on geographical proximity whenever deemed necessary as opposed to strictly go by the order on the waiting list.
Please be aware that spaces for the PSA & CPE are still limited and all candidates that are on the waiting list for these exams will be contacted by the NEB when we are able to offer them a seat. New exam dates are not expected to be available before August 2021 at the earliest.
For Prometric testing centre updates please visit https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update
Registrations for 2020 CPE seats are open now. Please be aware that all new CPE applicants will have to pass the PSA and send in their surgical experience documentation to be eligible to take the CPE.
This wiki contains information for NEB applicants.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register with the NEB?
- What documents do you need from me?
- Where can I find the registration forms?
- What happens once I have registered and submitted my documentation?
- How can I know if I will be able to pass the NEB exams?
- What are the fees of the NEB examination?
- When can I register for the November-December 2021 NAVLE testing window?
- What are the NAVLE Examination Dates and Registration Deadlines?
- When can I register for the Clinical Proficiency Exam (CPE)?
- What happens once I have registered to the PSA or CPE?
- What should I do if I need special accommodations for an examination?
- Where can I find additional training opportunities?
- How do I get my school added to the AVMA list of veterinary colleges in the world?
- How early must I complete the BCSE in order to be able to register for the next NAVLE testing window?
- Coordinates of Provincial Veterinary Licensing Bodies
- International Council for Veterinary Assessment (formerly National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates
- NEB Relationship with the ECFVG
- AVMA ECFVG®- Listed Veterinary Colleges of the World
- AVMA-Accredited Veterinary Colleges
- Canadian Veterinary Colleges
- TOEFL language testing
- IELTS language testing
- CAEL language testing
Recently updated articles