All information on this website is provided for information purposes only. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, the NEB makes no guarantees of any kind and cannot be held liable for any outdated or incorrect information. NEB fees and procedures are subject to change without prior notice. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that they inform themselves of changes which could affect their situation.
Coronavirus - COVID-19 UPDATE
Due to the current public health emergency around COVID-19, the NEB had to make the decision to cancel the March 28th & 29th PSA at WCVM Saskatoon, the June 18-21 CPE at WCVM Saskatoon and the May 29th PSA at UCVM. However, as the situation is changing rapidly and the federal or provincial government and/or the institutions where the exams take place might put additional restrictions in place, we cannot guarantee that those events will take place as planned. Even if we are able to go ahead with the planned exams please be aware that depending on where you come from, if you have to fly to attend an exam, you might be required to self-isolate for up to two weeks upon arriving in Canada.
Prometric testing centres in North America are slowly re-opening as of May 27th, 2020
For NAVLE updates see: https://www.icva.net/news-and-updates/navle-april-2020-update-as-of-3-27-20-322pm/
For Prometric testing centre updates please visit https://www.prometric.com/corona-virus-update
Prometric announced on June 17th that new appointment hours are opening daily, and they should continue to check back frequently if they're looking to schedule an appointment. All appointments will book on a first come, first serve basis.
BCSE candidates that are affected by testing centre closures are asked to contact Prometric directly and they will work with you to reschedule your testing date.
Registrations for 2020 CPE seats are open now. Please be aware that all new CPE applicants will have to pass the PSA and send in their surgical experience documentation to be eligible to take the CPE. CPE registrations will be available in the new NEB Candidate Portal starting at the end of May.
This wiki contains information for NEB applicants.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register with the NEB?
- What documents do you need from me?
- Where can I find the registration forms?
- What happens once I have registered and submitted my documentation?
- How can I know if I will be able to pass the NEB exams?
- What are the fees of the NEB examination?
- When can I register for the November-December 2020 NAVLE testing window?
- What are the NAVLE Examination Dates and Registration Deadlines?
- When can I register for the Clinical Proficiency Exam (CPE)?
- What happens once I have registered to the PSA or CPE?
- What should I do if I need special accommodations for an examination?
- Where can I find additional training opportunities?
- How do I get my school added to the AVMA list of veterinary colleges in the world?
- How early must I complete the BCSE in order to be able to register for the next NAVLE testing window?
- Coordinates of Provincial Veterinary Licensing Bodies
- International Council for Veterinary Assessment (formerly National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates
- NEB Relationship with the ECFVG
- AVMA ECFVG®- Listed Veterinary Colleges of the World
- AVMA-Accredited Veterinary Colleges
- Canadian Veterinary Colleges
- TOEFL language testing
- IELTS language testing
- CAEL language testing
Recently updated articles